wave makers

I had one but sold it.
Maxi-jets are supposed to work with wave makers.Korilas like to kick backwards with em and gets annoying.

thanks biff and yote, THe reason I was asking is simply the fact that some of the sps corals I have just ordered say that a wave make would be benifical so I thought I would ask here.

I haven't use any of them yet. but I have been researching a lot. from what I have read I like the red sea wavemaster the best. instead of a timed switching from one powerhead to the other, it's random and never switches the same everytime. and it has different settings such a calm seas and random turbid waves. I just ordered one from Fatman. I think he has another one left.

I have used the red sea in the past and it is a great pump controller. I currently use the Aqua controller jr. with hard wired DC4 boxes. you can use a controller box that runs multible pumps or just set up individual pumps on timmers and set the on off cycles for different lengths. You main circulation return should naturally run 24/7 so that there is water movement all the time. good luck.

I have a tsunami wavemaker that I used for a number of months with seio pumps and I have to say that I like it a lot. It is now collecting dust in the garage for 6 months because I got a used seaswirl for free from my LFS when they closed. If you are looking for one I am selling it for $75. it controls 4 pumps and also comes with a night sensor where it turns off 2 pumps when lights are out ans has a feeder switch.

I use four maxi jets and they are controlled by y digital REEFKEEPER. It's kind of pricey, but I love it. It also controls my lights and heater.

Thanks for all the info, may try one in the future but I am running Korilas so as Yote said it may get annoying, I have noticed that the Korilas are fairly noisy on start up so I may have to settle for the simple all on system.

can Koralias be used with the Red Sea Wavemaster? If so, do they have to be modified? I was looking at getting the Hydor wave maker but i don't like the fact the pumps run ar the same time.

the hydor wave maker does run all the pumps but it slows down one and ramps up the other if they start and stop alot like with the redsea wavemaker it will break them

The only wavemaker you can safely use with regular Koralia's is a Seio controller. The Hydor Koralia wavemaker can only be used with the new controllable Koralia's. I use the Seio controller with 2 K-4's and it works great. The only downside is it runs 2 powerheads, but they ramp up/down speed together. You can't alternate them.

would an scqd or whtever thier called be a good alternative to powering up and down powerheads? the one that has 3 plumbing fittings, water goes in one and alternates between the outputs... whaddya'll think of thoes?

would an scqd or whtever thier called be a good alternative to powering up and down powerheads? the one that has 3 plumbing fittings, water goes in one and alternates between the outputs... whaddya'll think of thoes?

I have got one of those but I've yet to install it. They are for pump return lines mainly.

The only wavemaker you can safely use with regular Koralia's is a Seio controller. The Hydor Koralia wavemaker can only be used with the new controllable Koralia's. I use the Seio controller with 2 K-4's and it works great. The only downside is it runs 2 powerheads, but they ramp up/down speed together. You can't alternate them.

Do you mean the Seio ramps up/down together or the Hydor Wavemaker?

My new tank is going to be using two VorTech MP40's with the Gen2 Wireless Wave Driver and maybe the battery backup system, not sure yet.

I have got one of those but I've yet to install it. They are for pump return lines mainly.

yea thats what i was thinking, either that, or what i was really thinking was to make a closed loop system with a pump and one of thoes things... that way i dont have to have as many power cords and power heads...

yea thats what i was thinking, either that, or what i was really thinking was to make a closed loop system with a pump and one of thoes things... that way i dont have to have as many power cords and power heads...

Yep! Only one very powerful pump and you would be set.

Do you mean the Seio ramps up/down together or the Hydor Wavemaker?
The Seio controller works 2 powerheads and those ramp up/down together from about 30% to 100%. I don't know about the Koralia Controller. That 1 is out of my price range so I never really researched it.
My new tank is going to be using two VorTech MP40's with the Gen2 Wireless Wave Driver and maybe the battery backup system, not sure yet.
That is the way to go...if you don't mind spending about $800 on 2 powerheads.

Back