wave makers

mdenny

Reefing newb
i want a cheap wave maker anyone no where to get one also how fast should the pumps alternate? i have never even seen one in action but my lfs says there good to have

Well there's a couple ways to make a wave maker. You can use an electronic controller that runs powerheads, you can use a SCWD, you can buy a wave box, or u can build a surge tank. Each has it's advantages. Personally I'm using a SCWD and in the near future I have plans for a surge tank.

Prolly the "easy" option is a wave box. But it does take up tank space.

If you're just going for a cheap wave maker then you could get the JBJ one, it's an external controller that your powerheads plug into. It's definitely not the best but, it works. One came with my tank and I've been using it for my filter returns

Some powerheads like the Hydors Kors dont work good with on/off wavemakers. They work better with ones that power down then back up.

What is a cheap wavemaker to you?

As a pure wavemaker this is a very good and pretty cheap wavemaker.Match that with the Koralias evos(circulation pumps) and your good to go.Day/night mode,pulses,feeding mode,the works really.I do not have it but have other Reef Fanatics stuff.Awesome,reliable and price well.

Wavemaking RF-WAVE-RFWC Premium Aquatics

Back