Wavemaker 4(hydor)

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Long story…I now have a wavemaker 4, 2 koralia-1, koralia-2, and a koralia-3. I really want more flow for my setup. I wanted x2 koralia 4 and x2 koralia 3, but I can't find any 4s that'll run on this 12v controller! I tried doing a little searching but can't find an alternative. Do you guys have any suggestions??

Thank you.

They only have the nano and the Koralia 1 in stock : / I did find them at Aquatic Ecosystems, but I need to call for availability first. Have never heard of that website before.

Thank you though.

BTW: Do you think x2 K6s and x2 K5s would be too much flow for a 6' 150g tank?

Would x3 K6s be better? Or all around K5s? want to do this righ the first time.

I would invest in a vortex system honestly. That is one heck of a lot of powerheads. The amount of up keep on all the heads will be relentless not to mention wavemaker on off will make your powerheads run backwards and premature failure will happen.

a Vortech would be my recommendation too....I have one....love it....

But, BTW, Aquatic Eco is local here and they are EXTREMELY solid....most of their business is in the commercial aquaculture world....fish hatcheries, etc.

As much as I'd love to go that route, I'd need two mp40s(at least) and that alone is over 1k$.

The koralias are 100$ per pump and I was given the wavemaker. With what I have now, I really would only need to purchase two 6s and I could easily get by with the k2 and k3. Not ideal, but it would certainly get the job done.

When I said I wanted to do it right the first time, I meant not having an anemic pump that I'll have to replace. At this point, just starting up this 150, I have a lot of stuff I'm going to have to buy and would rather skimp on the things I can.

I didn't know it was for a long tank....you want some power....I would suggest searching for a vendor, just put 12V Koralia in google....

I didn't know it was for a long tank....you want some power....I would suggest searching for a vendor, just put 12V Koralia in google....

Haha, done! For like 10 hours yesterday and today. I try not to waste peoples time as I know there are a lot of people on here that need help. That Aquatic Eco place is the only one I've found that had them, but I didn't get a chance to call them. Thank you for the recommendation on them. Helps a lot!

Apparently for anyone wondering about this unit..the koralia pumps are the ONLY ones that'll work in this system. And they were discontinued sometime last year(even though they're still making the wavemaker). From what I have accumulated, Aquatic Eco is selling as New Old Stock. So once that runs dry it'll be used parts only. But hell, for 200$ if it'll get me through a few years it's worth it to me. YMMV.

Back