weird crab critter

andrew pougnet

Reefing newb
i was looking in my tank today and noticed something crawling around digging in my substrate, looked like a crab. it was around a dime size, maybe a bit smaller and seemed to just be pushing stuff around. is this bad? what should i do

I am very anticrab after spending many months trying to catch two hitchhiker crabs that would kill anything I put in the tank. Keep a close eye on it.

it had black eyes, its a grey color with a body shaped like a spade ( suit of cards ) and has black dots on its head. grey white claws. its not furry that i can see.bad? any ideas to get rid of it

thats true, i have a sunken water bottle tipped up against some liverock with raw basa fish in it, hopefully it will crawl into there? thanks

You will catch everything but the critter!! :D Thats what happened to me, caught some hitchhiker snails and alot of copepods, but my mantis is still loose!!! :evil:

I can picture it now...
Crab - *NOM NOM NOM NOM*
Your face - :pissedof:
Your actions - :chair:
The Aftermath - :censored:

Heheh

without a picture its hard to say but it could be a rock crab that came in with your LR ... they start small but do grow big with large claws and can be carnivorous ... something to watch out for

Back