Wellsophylia coral new ????

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so we just got a new Wellsophylia coral yesterday and everything seems to be good. its fully open already and looks pretty good, i was just wondering couse im reading that it should be on the sand bed, being as my lighting is not that great PC lighting i put it a little bit higher than the middle of the tank. Will it be fine there on a rock ????? For the time being. Hopefully next month i will be able to get My LEDS.

Well hes on top of a fairly flat laid rock at the moment and it seems happy fully open and everything. Im not sure if the flow is right do since it moves a little. Ill post a video in a bit when i get to work so you guys can tell me what you think

As long as it's fleshy bits aren't scraping the rocks around the sides it should be okay. I'd tack it in place with some super glue to make sure it doesn't get knocked off though. The flow looks about right also- got a nice bit of wiggle from the current.

The piece is pretty heavy and dosnt really move around alot, the rock its placed on has ridges and it hold its in place pretty good. i dont really have any snails that are that big to move it.

I was really surprised to see it open so soon, i tought it would take a couple days from what i have read from most other people. But i aclimated it the night before and as soon as my lights came on the next day it opened right up. I was all happy lol.

The reason why putting it on the rocks can be bad is that when it inflates and deflates, the flesh can bump into the rock and be damaged. If you have it on a relatively flat area of the rocks where it can freely inflate and not brush up against the sides of rocks, then it is fine. :) Just make sure it's secure and won't be knocked or blown over.

Yeah It seems to be doing good. Do they usually get smaller at night ??? I know all my other corals do just wasnt sure if they do since last night it was in a bit. Im sure they provably do. Just making sure.

Back