what are these

i wonder if a person used boiling water and some kind off aptasia control together. i was think that may be just one method is not enough. i was going to try boiling water then mix kalk or baking soda in with it then put it on them.

What do you mean? Water is at a neutral pH (around 7) unless you add something to it. But the highest pH that anything can be is 14 (very alkaline). The lowest pH something can be is 0 (very acidic). Each number is 100 times more basic or acidic than the preceding number, e.g. a liquid with pH 9 is 100 times more alkaline than a liquid of pH 8. And a liquid with pH 3 is 100 times more acidic than a liquid of pH 4.

i am wanting to try ann make a soultion of kalk but add ph buffer to it to get it to i guess a 14 since that is as high as it will go. now that you said the scale i rember it from school. the kalk container says it mixes at a ph of 12. i am just trying to think of ways to kill these dang hydroids.

what about going the other way on the ph making it more acidic shuch as useing vinager. would a small amout of vinager be bad for a tank? i may set up an extra tank just to test different things with trying to kill them in some safe manner

what about something really cold like dry ice since it is -110 degrees but there could be a problem with all the co2 from it of just almost frozen water?

man i need to get this other tank set up so i can start playing with things to try and find a way to kill these things.

i am going to get some dryice from work and take one rock out and put the ice directly on the rock for a couple min to see if the kills them. i would think it would freez them but who knows.

i am just trying to find out some kind of soultion that will kill them with out killing everything on the rock. the main reason is that on of these rocks has a small birds nest glued to it and i dont eant to kill it and i am afraid that i will break it alll apart trying to get it off.

maybe you could try shooting them up with the Bud Light:D

since you are experimenting, did you give Joes Juice a try??

Back