What are these?????

sailsup

Reefing newb
Need to know what these are and what if anything to do about them........
One appeared on the front on the tank glass about four days ago, now there are about 25!!!!! They seem to stay on the front only so far, strange......
They are moving around and seem to have the same mouth configuration as a snail.
I could not get a close up with my camera. it is the best I could do.

Attachments

• What are they.jpg
    What are they.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 419
hard to tell from the pic, but it could be planaria (flatworms) if so a wrasse can take them out.

OR it could be stomatella SP. snails in which those are good guys and should stay

hard to tell from the pic, but it could be planaria (flatworms) if so a wrasse can take them out.

OR it could be stomatella SP. snails in which those are good guys and should stay

How will I know the difference?
I looked up planaria and they are more round, or if your where to cut a pear in half, that cross section would moist resemble the shape.
They do not have a arrow shaped head area.

like I said the pic is a little hard to tell, it very well may be snails. I had some little red flatworms in a previous tank that looked very similar to the shape in your pic. I got a blue velvet nudi and it took them out fast.

Here is what I had :

Redirect Notice

:frustrat: after looking a bit longer/closer, yours appear to be snails. Sorry if I freaked you out or made you think your tank was DOOMED

I believe I now have the same thing going on in my tank. probably tripled in number over the last 2 days. Most snail are good correct?

Back