what can i keep with this light

symon_say

Under the sea
Hi

Help me do my research, i'm bulding a reef tank, tank will be 60x18x20, lightd will be odyssea 60" fixture (that's what i can pay for now) but i can't have more power consumption cause electricity bill is expensive here.

So with this (320w) what corals can i keep???

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend the Oddysea brand lights. They had some wiring issues in the past and some actually caught on fire. Save your money for a better lighting system or do a retrofit kit inside of a canopy.

Whats your budget?

$200 for lights for now, i'll like to get LED's but i can't afford this year, so i was thinking the cheap ones will be a good option for the first year, and get the LED's in the curse of that year, and in that time get some corals to make the tank look better.

Id save your money until you can get a nice light, and until then just have a nice FOWLR tank

I'll have mostly fish and inverts but want some corals until i can upgrade to better lights, and that will be next year.

I wouldn't recommend the Oddysea brand lights. They had some wiring issues in the past and some actually caught on fire. Save your money for a better lighting system or do a retrofit kit inside of a canopy.

I have read about it, but i read that happen with the old ballast, i have a some odyssea in a FW tank and they have work nice for a few month now.

Will this fixture work on a 60" tank???
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.c...03csegb&ref=3312&subref=AA&CAWELAID=529171510

Last edited:

Are any of those better than the odyssea??, cause they all seen like same cheap chinese fixture with different housing.

Except for the last one, that seen nice.

That's and odyssea fixture, but the last one from your links seen to have individual reflectors instead of 1 for 2 bulbs like the odyssea, i think this is a plus for the light output.

Back