What chemicals?

Skip the chemicals for now. Nitrate reducers take a long time to start working, and don't always work anyways. Just keep doing water changes. It's safe to do them every other day or so to get those nitrates down. In the meantime, buy a drop test kit. The test strips are very inaccurate, so who knows if your nitrates are really at 20 at all.

Only 1 thing I can add before, its a myth that you lose much of your bacteria populations during a water change. So I don't see much wrong with doing water changes every couple days until nitrates are at a desirable level.

if your at 20ppm you should be fine looking into adding CUC or what not. I've had my tank at 20ppm before and everything is just fine. Just don't let it get above that.

I was skimming through my CaribSea sand and fricking found a back of bio magnet clarifier and it's fricking almost through this dang cycle this bag just like the bag pooped out of one of my pest corals I have to get rid of, what do I do with this stupid bag ? Will this screw my perimaters?

Your supposed to pour that packet in the tank when you put the sand in.:D
Its supposed to be some kind of enzyme thats supposed to help with the cycle.But at this point,I'd just toss it in the garbage.

Back