What do you think of these?

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
See the link below. This guy is a local reefer selling the frags below. I'm scheduled to meet up w/ on Saturday to take a look and maybe make a purchase or 5.

Thanks,
Dave

Rare Live Corals for Reef Tanks - $5 (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre)

Date: 2009-12-11, 8:25PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

(Changes made 12/20/2009) I have the following coral frags available for sale, each has their corresponding prices. Pics taken with a Canon SX200IS in Program Mode, with no photoshop editing (except for resize/crop and added the price). Light on my frag tank (10g) is 150w Metal Halide with Phoenix 14k bulb. I can provide better photos if request. I can also provide care info if you would like to know before purchase. If you need help with setting up your tank or have any issues, let me know- I'll help for FREE. I accept paypal, I am VERIFIED. I've sold to a bunch of people already, so I know how to package. Meet-up in a public area only. Please email me. WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get. LE = Limited Edition (Rare).

LE Lunar Eclipse Zoas. $25 for this frag of 6 heads! The heads are about the size of a nice. It has great coloring. Check out the coloring on the tentacles!

LE Nuclear Green Zoas. $40 for this frag of 6 heads- 3 adult/3 baby! These are one of the popular zoas out right now. They are going for about $10 per head. The green is amazing!

Lime Green Zoas. $10 for this frag. Over four heads. Nice coloring and patterns. WYSIWYG I also have a 15+ head frag for $20.

LE Flame Thrower Zoas. Bright red like flames coming at you! Add lots of color to your tank. 1 Frags of these left. $15 for over 4 polyps. Picture is of mother colony! (Not WYSIWYG)

Fire and Ice Zoas. Sorry for the horrible picture. These are nice in person. The outer tentacles are red/orange while the inner is like frosted white! It glows under actinic!!! $20 for a nice size frag of over 10 heads. $5 for 2-3 heads, $10 for 5 plus heads - WYSIWYG.

Is it Nippy In Here? Nice zoas with a "extended" pink center. Very unique zoas! $15 for this frag over 5 heads. - WYSIWYG.

LE Mohawk Zoas. These are one of my coolest looking zoas. I don't know why they are called Mohawks. They are more like a mini galaxy. The speckles are like tiny stars. Price $15 for two heads (2 small heads have started to grow). (Normal price is about $10 per head) WYSIWYG

Green Pocillopora Damicornis . Nice beginner SPS coral. I have one available. $20 - 1.5-2" multibranching, staring to encrust on the plug. Grows fast! WYSIWYG

LE Tyree Ponape Birdnest. I'll be honest. This is one of the most nicest birdnest corals around. Check out the colors. Amazing! The $10 price you cannot beat! Fast grower. 1.5" , starting to multibranch - WYSIWYG

Red/Orange Montipora. This is a large piece over 4x3x1! Beautiful piece with nice small polyps (looks like flowers). I CAN FRAG IF YOU WANT A SMALLER PIECE $30. WYSIWYG

ORA Pink Birdsnest. This is a awesome coral. Nice pink color with bright purple polyps! ORA is a big name in the reefing industry. Their livestock is aqua-cultured instead of being pulled from the Ocean. Good for us because these corals are acclimated to "tank" life. Good for the ocean because the corals stays there! 1 frag available. $25 for a 1.5" frag that has multibranches. Birdsnest is a fast growing and great beginner SPS coral! WYSIWYG

Long Lash Eagle Eye Zoas. Check out the tentacles on these zoas. Nice extension. Color is also vivid. $10 for two heads. WYSIWYG

LE Nightmare Zoas. These are one of the elite zoas out there. If you into zoas you know how much these fetch for. If you don't know what these are - they are not for you. $40 for two heads, thats only 20 per head!!!!! WYSIWYG

Armor of God Zoas. Nice reddish pink with nice pattern. $10 for two heads. - NOT WYSIWYG

If I had that local to me I would buy ALL of those in one sitting..seriously, those are some amazing prices, at least compared to what I have here.

geesh, am I the only one who thinks that these special zoas are getting ridiculously expensive. They are some pretty nice zoas and they are hard to find tho. I'd prolly splurge on a couple nice ones.

I just found someone on craigslist selling alot of corals as well. I'm actually going to meet up with him on Wednesday. He has 2 fairly large frogspawns for $10 each. A purple tip and green tip. He has a bunch of other stuff, so I'm going to check them out too.

That's local to me too and I would never pay those prices. I can get any and all of those at our frag swaps for a fraction of what he is selling them for.

i would save the money you would spend with that guy than go to the frag swap i bet you will be happier in the long run and will come home with nicer frags cheap

Those SPS frags of his are doubly overpriced IMO. That "ponape BN" should look a lot better than that for $10, I mean it should be colored up at least. The ORA pink BN should be $10 or less. I give those things away, they grow so fast. IDK about the softies, I'm not up to date on the zoa rices, but they do look alright to me.

Back