• Ummmm what?

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

winyfrog

Yep!
Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

What does reef safe mean to you?

I think that reef safe is an animal that doesn't eat coral.

You set up your poll wrong. It should say "DOES NOT eat..." instead of "EATS ONLY"...

I would say one that does not eat coral or crustaceans. Triggers are not reef safe, because they will eat crustaceans. They are perfectly corals safe, though.

Your option is missing the word Doesn't or something...unless your meaning that reef safe refers to eating parts of the reef? I get the point tho ;)

Reef safe == doesn't eat anything in the tank but the food I specifically feed(other than say pods and algae)

I picked the wrong one by accident.

Reef safe to me is a fish that doesn't eat corals and inverts(including snails and crusties).

Funny I thought that I worded that wrong. LOL I'm getting ready to head to Vegas for the weekend I must be preoccupied. :)

anyway interesting. I think of a reef as something that is made up of coral not crustaceans.....

Definitions of 'reef'
(rēf)
Dictionary.com · The American Heritage® Dictionary - (5 definitions)

[Obsolete Dutch rif, possibly from Old Norse, ridge.]
(noun)

1. A strip or ridge of rocks, sand, or coral that rises to or near the surface of a body of water.
2. A vein of ore.

I havent read all the posts just the queston. I highly belive that reef safe means invert and coral safe. Coral safe should be described for something like a frog fish. Not reef safe. Possabley even an ingener gobie is not reef safe for all the sand he may kiick up on delicat corals. Reef is the WHOLE ecosystem not just coral in my mind.

I think my question would have been what does "with caution" mean. I would think it's either reef safe, or not. But, I would say both coral and invert safe.

Back