what is a acoel flatworm

Flatworms are bad. There are certain fish out there that may or may not eat them (like mandarins and wrasses), but it's hit or miss if your fish prefers that food type. There are also medications that you can dose the tank with, but as with all medications you're risking the lives of your inverts and corals if you use it, even if it says "Reef Safe" on the bottle.

I doubt flatworms would only be in your filter. Either, like Yote said, they are already throughout the tank, or they are not flatworms and are some sort of pod (which like to hang out in filters).

yes, they would have to be in the tank to get into your'e filter. can you post a pic? or find something that looks like your'e critter on the internet? like biff said they may just be pods.

"Flatworm exit" made by Salifert works wonderful. It is reef safe, this is the real deal. I have used in my reef as well as friends of mine. You must follow the directions, if you end up loosing inverts and or fish it will be because the flatworm releases a toxin when it dies and can cause harm that way.

Back