What is it?

algy1943

Reefing newb
This is the first time I have seen this in my tank, think it's trying to eat my banded star

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 228
ifs it has stripes that are black and white on the other side its a harlequin serpent star... it looks like thats what it is to me...

I really don't think a bristleworm would be able to take down a star... Only if the star was sick or injured. If you can catch the bristleworm, you could remove it. But I think it'd be pretty hard to catch.

I really don't think a bristleworm would be able to take down a star... Only if the star was sick or injured. If you can catch the bristleworm, you could remove it. But I think it'd be pretty hard to catch.

What damage to the cause, if any, your right, nigh impossible to catch

And it also looks like that picture was taken with "Lights off" which is about the only time you're actually going to see a bristle worm. Other than that, it's going to stay in the rock. Like Biff said, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

And it also looks like that picture was taken with "Lights off" which is about the only time you're actually going to see a bristle worm. Other than that, it's going to stay in the rock. Like Biff said, I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Thanks for that, it's been in the tank since April when I bought the live rock, I remember the guy saying there is a bristle worm in the rock but this is the first time I have seen it out

Trust me, you have hundreds of them. You just don't know it. They are the most common hitch hiker and are harmless scavengers and great cleaners. They normally don't eat anything unless it's dead or dying.

More than likely everyone has at least 1 in their tanks. You rarely see them..I've got at least 3 different ones, and that's the ones I know of. Have Biff show the pic of the holocaust she had when all the bristle stars were laying on the sand...It will shock you how much stuff is living in those rocks that you never see.

Damn Ninja'd by Biff as usual.

More than likely everyone has at least 1 in their tanks. You rarely see them..I've got at least 3 different ones, and that's the ones I know of. Have Biff show the pic of the holocaust she had when all the bristle stars were laying on the sand...It will shock you how much stuff is living in those rocks that you never see.

Damn Ninja'd by Biff as usual.

That sounds disgusting..hey biff can you post that? lol

Back