what is this fish?

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
got this fish as a hitchhiker. he eats mysis and likes to perch. sorry the pic is so awful, he darts away whenever he sees my camera.

4880492107_74f244bdb6_z.jpg

thanks
C

Those two projectiles on top of it's head and that Homer Simpson mouth is a dead give away.

It's a type of blenny.As to which one,I'm not sure.

yeah, I figured he's a blenny but I can't figure out which one. He doesn't have the coloring of the red crown algae blenny. I wish I could get a better shot, I've been trying for a month just to get this one. He doesn't seem to eat algae, he loves mysis. He attacks it and shakes it around when he eats. cute little guy.

thanks, I'll keep trying to shoot him!

C

My midas blenny has those little "antennae" on his head too, so I would say he's in the blenny family, other than that I don't know.

He is cute, and packed with personality....well, for a fish, it's not like he's a pony or something.... :)

He's got a little pot belly and polka dots on his fins. Tried to shoot him tonight but he kept teasing me. Mean eater and my two cleaner shrimp mysteriously disappeared right after I put him in......hmmmmmmmmm

C

Don't you have a remote control for your camera? Maybe just pose your camera w/ tripod on the tank, pointed where he normally pops up, walk away enough so he doesn't get scared, and click the camera :D

Or is it just my gadget-obsessive husband that has a remote control? LOL

EDIT: ACTUALY -- send it to wetwebmedia! They might be able to identify it. I've gone to them for things that have stumped this forum, and are pretty dead on. They ID'd my hermit crab rather quickly, with species details.

Back