What is this trigger fish?

sankhamg

Reefing newb
I got this new trigger from my friends tank. Now it's in my quarantine tank but before putting it to my display I wanna know if its reef safe and will it eat all my ships?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 286
AHH never seen that one but now that I seen that pic I say it looks like it also, but a better picture will defenetly help.

Hey I have a question for you- I see you have sand in your qt tank- do you leave it setup all the time and if so what do you do with it? I have a bare bottom qt that we throw some water in but just curios if you have a creative use for it

I think if you have a quarantine system fully set up and cycled it should be fine to just leave it running. It should be ok especially if your doing hypo salinity
you just have to really slowly acclimate the fish to the tank.

There are no triggers that are reef safe. A few are reef safe with caution and I believe the pink tail falls into this category if that is indeed a pink tail trigger.

I had a Bursa and a Niger (Both were small, about 2") in my 55 mixed reef for about 2 months until I found a buyer for them. They never bothered any corals on me (I kept them well fed with frozen and live ghost shrimp). However, I did lose 3 peppermint shrimp and 2 cleaner shrimp to them. So, you may be able to get away without them nipping at any softies, but your inverts will most likely be in serious danger.

Back