What is this????

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
Today I found this clear jelly-like thing resting on the sandbed in my aquarium. I scooped it out with a net and placed it on a paper towel to take some pics of it. It looks like it has a bunch of little tiny red dots inside of it. Any ideas what it is??

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449.jpg

I don't know. but you can't be asked to post a better picture.
Thanks, Dcan! :mrgreen:

Looks almost like a bunch of eggs of some kind.

What kind of fish/inverts do you have? Is it possible that they might be spawning?
I thought they looked like eggs too. However, my livestock list includes:
Yellow Watchman Goby, Leopard Wrasse, Green Mandarin, a Cleaner Shrimp, and then just a bunch of crabs and snails. I guess it could be the crabs or snails?

I've got cerith, nassarius, mexican turbos, trochus, star turbos, nerites, and margarita snails. And, I have emerald, mexican red leg, scarlet, and blue legs crabs. I don't have any idea what their eggs look like though... :-?

Looks like some sort of egg sack to me as well.

Come-on Dave, flying insect? ROFLMAO, surprised you didn't say to put it on a cracker and see what it tasted like :mrgreen:

its def an egg sack, but from who i can't say.... at least not the crabs or the snails, both of those just shoot our their eggs/make squiggle lines on the glass :l

from what I remember about mandrins they sorta shoot out their eggs after being inpregnated and not in a goopy glob....

Gobies lay a clutch type egg on rocks in their caves, and each egg is sperate, not a glob...
citron_eggs_03_7-11-09.jpg

citron_eggs_02_7-20-09.jpg

add anything new recently? I have no idea what it would be....

Back