What is this

JustinsReefTank

Reefing newb
I have found this "thing" on one of my live rocks. I have no idea what is. It has feeder tenicles that come out when lights are not on. During the day it is in hiding.
Any help would be great..

Sorry pic is so bad. Cant find camera and my phone is old as dirt

Thanks is advance.

Attachments

• coral question 1.jpg
    coral question 1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 208
Wow That thing has had to be in there for over 6 months and I never knew it. The rock was turned in the other tank, now I have it sitting differently and I can see it. That is cool I have a Nem... I had another one but I think i killed it trying to remove from the rock.

Will this thing survive, I have just started this tank beginning of November. That would be sweet to have a anenome. What can I do to make it survive.

I don't believe there photosynthetic like other nems but I can't rember,they don't last too long normally but I've found 4 or 5 in the past in my tank all different colors and places

Oh k Thanks. Now I have identified them I am getting mixed stories about them. Some say good and some say bad as in eat fish when they get big enough and inverts. So should I zap it with aptasia X or let it be

I personally get rid of them as I see them.. I havent seen any kill a fish myself but they do eat fish meat and can sting corals if close enough..

No need to worry about that ball anemone...it won't live long or get big enough to do any harm in your tank. Just let it be, and one day you'll notice it gone.

I've had tons of those. If you like them, then feed them crushed flake food --they will grow and spread. Some have nice colors.

If you want to keep it, then feed it. It won't get much bigger then it is right now, instead of getting bigger it'll make a small colony. I believe they don't get any bigger then 6 to a colony. Like i said, if you feed it they'll stay around, and if you can get it in a shaded area, they'll stay out all day long. I've had 5 of them in my tank for almost 2 years now.

Back