What is this?

I666NoB666I

Reefing newb
I have had my tank for about 2 months now and this sand stuff just started showing up yesterday. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMAG0769.jpg
    IMAG0769.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMAG0770.jpg
    IMAG0770.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMAG0771.jpg
    IMAG0771.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMAG0772.jpg
    IMAG0772.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 178
I would get 1 hydor koralia evolution 550. or the bigger nano version, or the 2 smaller nano koralias, but the evolutions are better built.

So I got a POWERSWEEP in there for more flow. Where should I put it? Also, my anemone is finally attaching to something, I can't wait for it to stand up!

Thank you all for your help all the time!

Attachments

• IMAG0775.jpg
    IMAG0775.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 188
You really shouldnt have an anemone in a 1 month old tank.

I would put it as low as you can but be careful to watch your water temp. I had that same one and it was making my temp go up over 80 degrees until I got rid of it.

I hate to tell u this. but your anemone will die if u keep it in your tank. u can learn the hard way like I did. ( a few times.) or u can see if u can find a new home for him or take him back from where u got him.
cyano-algae tends to start in dead spots. its a good indication to adjust or beef up your flow in your tank if u see this. u want a good amount of flow over ur sand bed without kicking up any sand. good flow in your tank will make it harder for that kind of algae to grow on.

I have 4 snails, 1 turbo, 4 brown hermits, 8 elec blue hermits, 2 emerald crabs, 1 peppermint shrimp, 1 rock shrimp

i got more flow in there now, should i turn it upside down and put it near the sand?

I have no where else to put the anemone....

Ok, I added a little flow, did a 20% water change while vacuuming the sand bed, added 4 nassarious snails, and fed a lot less. Lets see how it goes now.

If anyone wants to know what happens when you swallow a mouth full of cyanobacteria, i'll let you know in a few days......

ugh lovely..the old joke how do you get a siphon started on a reef tank..Have two buckets...suck on the line to get the water going into one bucket...throw up in the second..:D

Back