What is with this green?

Skylar Oborny

Reefing newb
Question: This green color has been appearing on my rock, is this good or bad? and what is it?

WP_20131024_001.jpg

its definitely hard, i cant brush it of very well. I just spent ten minutes brushing the same spot and got no where. If I add purple up will it begin to help the development of purple coralline? my goal was to have purple rocks

I put a piece of live rock that was cover with purple coralline algae and after that my dry rocks started to turn bright green like yours, now the green is darker. As far as I have read in months the green on the rocks will turn in purple coralline algae. I like that they don't look bleached any more lol.

All I have to do now is wait then? Should I brush it to help it spread throughout the tan Do you see those white hard spots on your rocks? like the ones you can see in the picture you posted above. They will all turn bright green, that's how it was on my rocks. It started to grow some white hard coralline algae on the rocks than with time turned bright green and I just let it be and soon all my rocks turned bright green without me doing nothing. But it is a slow process, just be patient.

Back