What kind of Led's for my 150

M3AN ONE

Reefing newb
What kind of Led's for my 150
I am new to salt and am looking to get led lights for my 150 the demensions are 72x18 what is a good name brand that makes led's that big that are not to expensive.

Yeah tell me about it. Yet she has a point why put it all together time money, to tear it down in a year, maybe two to move. So I kinda had to agree.

You want a good name brand LED?? $2250 for 3 radions!:twisted:

Or you get the fin-sanity LEDs like I did. They serve me well and do a good job at growing corals, but I can't go to my local reef club meeting and be like "ME'S GOT RADIONS!!" and they're all like :shock::shock::shock:

The three big 'name brand' LED's for a tank that size would be the EcoTech Radions, the AquaIllumination Sols, and the Maxspec Mazzara

There is also at least one person running the Fin-sanity fixture, and several with the Chinese knock off fixtures you find on Ebay

Personally, I would stick with something that has built a reputation as being a reliable fixture - if you're keeping a reef tank lighting will be both your most important, and expensive investment in the hobby

And AquaCave is now taking advanced orders for the new AquaIllumination Vega's that are about to be released - upgraded version of the AI Sols with more color options and controls :)

If you looking for cheap and powerfool light do it yourself. I did in my and happy now but still in testing. For worm light i use 2 t8 pink then 2 36'' t5 actinic+10,000k then for main 10LED's CREE xm-l t6 cool white, for each star of it go 3 LEDS royal blue XT, all LED's for more par has to go with optic, I use 60 and 40 degree optic (my tank is tall) all this combination need to be glued on heatsink, I use 7''wide and 36'' long plus fans on it also I will use a thermal switches on50 degree celsium for break power on case overheating. This combination just burn my tank true. So for less than 500 bucks u can get best lights on this day.
7.280" - HeatsinkUSA, LLC Store
LEDs - White LEDs - Rapid LED
Also do this is really fun if nothing to do on weekend

Is a 30 gallon sump big enough for a 150?

Yes - you don't 'need' a sump - it just makes things easier by giving you more water volume, and a place to put equipment (heaters, reactors, etc) so that they are not cluttering up the display tank

A 30 will work, but the general rule of sumps is the same as for display tanks - the larger the better

The three big 'name brand' LED's for a tank that size would be the EcoTech Radions, the AquaIllumination Sols, and the Maxspec Mazzara

There is also at least one person running the Fin-sanity fixture, and several with the Chinese knock off fixtures you find on Ebay

Personally, I would stick with something that has built a reputation as being a reliable fixture - if you're keeping a reef tank lighting will be both your most important, and expensive investment in the hobby

+1 You could run 3 AI Sols for about a grand +/-

Back