What kind of Tang is this?

tlsims

Reefing newb
I got this guy about a year ago. someone begged me to take him cause his previous tank mates had nipped his fins to nubs, they are all grown back now :) i cant find a picture that looks exactly him to say for sure what kind of tang he is. he is really camera shy so sorry about the horrible pic.
142.jpg

oh i know he is getting so big, but not to worry i got a 125 gallon cycling as we speak hope to have him moved in 30 to 60 days

thanks for the id, i hated not knowing for sure. dont want to get any nemesis tank mates in the future.

had one of those guys once, they need lots of room to swim. Mine was super shy, easily spooked/stressed out and never survived my last tank move.

He is gorgeous!!!
Awww thanks, he sure was a ugly little duckling when i got him.

I was really scared he would not make it cause he had such a hard time swimming. I just hope he makes the move ok after all he has been through i would hate to lose him over that.

I think if he survived that kinda beating AND a move to YOUR tank afterwards, I think he will handle the transfer to a larger tank just fine. :D

Thanks he is my little trooper. I got a new tank going, just got my rock today and putting in tommorow, if all test out well in 30 days or so he will have quit a bit more room, i got a couple questions about the tank before i put that new rock in gonna head over to newbie section now and see what i can find out.
132.jpg

Last edited:
Back