what next ?

mdottyp

Reefing newb
HI i have a 125L tank with live rock, i have two clowns and a humbug, and a hermit crab, i am wondering what i could put in next that would look impressive, hardy , and will get on with the already stocked fish, plus any tips on a first timer coral thanks:scratchch

most tangs are good fish to start with. and as for corals what kind of light do you have? normal output light will not be enough light if that is what you have.

A couple questions.
1) What kind of lighting do you have?

2) 125L is about a 30 gallon or so right? What are the tank dimensions? Specifically height.

This along with the type of light will determine the types of corals you can keep. MH lights penetrate deaper than t5's and t5's penetrate deeper than PC's

Also, what is a humbug? Do you have a pic?

I'm guessing liters (mdottyp's from England).....they use that crazy metric stuff across the pond.

Humbugs are grumpy critters....at least the ba- versions are.

Ba-Humbug. Poor joke..

Humbug is a b/w damsel.

Well mdottyp, I'm glad to see everyone here's been so helpful so far. :mrgreen:

I would not recommend a Tang either, but a Dwarf Angel of some type would be a good choice also different types of gobies or firefish would work in that size of tank. I would recommend keeping it to no more than 3-4 small fish in your 32.5 gallon or 125L tank. Cheers! :Cheers:

Well if it`s liters then I agree with the dwarf angel. Maybe a flame angel. If it`s a 125 long than bring on the tangs LOL

I say goby! Damn the fire and flames...bring on the grumpy looking fish! Or do the bright, colorful (or clourful for you british types) fish and see if I care that your tank is going to look cool.

In all seriousness though, I would be worried about the clows and the damsel picking on the angel/firefish, but then you also have to wonder how the hermit and the goby are going to get along :12: Still, I think the Goby would be a better option.

From experience, clowns chase firefish and cause them to go carpet surfing. :grumble:
I did have a coral beauty with the clowns fine though he was large enough that the clowns didnt pick on him

Brian

Back