What next?

crazymman

Reefing newb
Ive got my reef tank going and so far i have 2 clowns. Im stuck on what fish i want next. Its a 55 gallon. Ive been looking online but with not much luck. Any ideas on good reef fish to get?

I've heard that coral beauties and flames aren't as bad as most angels. There's at least 5-6 people here who have had them with no issues. And to quote Yote, everything's a risk in this hobby :)

I've heard that coral beauties and flames aren't as bad as most angels. There's at least 5-6 people here who have had them with no issues. And to quote Yote, everything's a risk in this hobby :)

Can't argue with that.

The flames are awesome looking. Do gobys need any special care? Ive been checking them out at my lfs and there are some really cool ones.

I like the midas blennies
MidasBlenny.jpg

I have a dragon goby that I'm getting rid of because he digs huge holes in my sand. I've had to rearrange my rocks a few times because he has caused them to collapse. I don't know about other gobies, but you should be careful with sand sifters. If you do decide on one, make sure your rock is properly stacked.

Thought I would say, ive got a flame angel and it seems very reef compaitable, just make sure they are kept fed :)

6 lines are great little fish( ihave one),but are one of the more plain IMO.I wished i got a mystery wrasse instead.

Sixline wrasses are common, but they are definitely not plain looking! They are awesome fish. I got mine about 5 years ago, and now he's HUGE.

Your righ they are great fish,i guess all i'm saying is,if i knew about all the other much more colorful wrasses before i got a 6 line ,i'd have one of them instead:D

You can have them together. More than one wrasse are usually fine, as long as they are different species. I had a leopard wrasse and a sixline together for years.

I have always wondered about that.Everyone says 6 lines are little devils,so i didn't think he would allow another wrasse.I would really like to get a mystery.....thanks

IMO I would skip the dwarf angels. I had two in my reef yrs ago. They were model citizens for 4 yrs but then one fateful day they just went ballistic and started munching on my corals. Desroyed a few of them. I had to break the tank down to get them so Yote isnt the only one to have a bad experience with them.

Back