what to clean tank with?

houston

Reefing newb
A couple of months ago we purchased this 30 gallon aquarium from a
thrift shop for my daughter's temporary guinea pig home with the understanding that after we built a satisfactory guinea pig home, I would get the aquarium for my 1st attempt @ saltwater.
Before I met my wife I had 2 55-gal, 2 30-gal, 4 20-gal and several 10 gallon aquariums... all freshwater... most tetras.
Anyway, to make a long story short... I washed this aquarium out with soap and water previously a few months ago for the guinea pig...
I know saltwater biosystems are very sensitive. What do I use to clean the glass even further. There is still this opaque ring that I wasn't able to scrub off... I'm guessing it is some calcium deposit.

Thank you
from the newest newbie

Rinse it well in fresh water and get all the soap out. other than that you are set to go with it. make sure you rinse though very good and get all the corners. welcome to the forum and good luck. you did not say what kind of tank it was glass/ acrylic, ??

Thanks. I'll give it a good scrubbin'...
It's the heaviest glass 30 gal I can remember having to pick up... LOL

houston

If it is glass then to get the ring off use a single edge razor blade and a little elbow greese. I would rinse the tank very very very well before you start.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Back