What to do about my clowns?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
So i've had my false perc for over a year and a half and my tomato was added a few months ago. They got along just peachy until i added my new anemone which the tomato started hosting almost immediately. Now the perc is scared and sequestered to the opposite side of the tank, hiding at the base of a rock with torn fins. The tomato keeps him there... or else! The perc comes out to eat so he seems ok in that respect, but I feel bad for him.

What would you do?

Tomatoes can be MEAN! Unfortunately, I think you have to get rid of one or the other... Then try replacing it with the same type of clown that remains.

+1 Biff, unfortunately it's rare that people can successfully keep more than one type of clown in there tank

I agree with Brian and Sarah. You'll have to pick with one you like the most and then remove the other one. Then add a larger or smaller clown of the same species as the one you kept.

Whenever I look at a Tomato Clown I always see a mean fish...Seems those things are filled with 1 part piss, 1 part vinegar.

I'm going to be mean.

I HATE CLOWNS!Always jumping from one coral to the next.I even had clowns nip the tails off my anthias.JUST SAY NO TO CLOWNS!Get rid of them all,they are OVERRATED!

/rant over/

I like the false percs, granted they're the only clowns I've ever owned but they've never bothered any of the other fish in my tank.

Back