what to feed?

outlazz

Reefing newb
I have a Foxface Rabbitfish, Bangaai Cardinal, Clownfish, and a Firefish. Ive read some really good posts about this issue and since i am new to this i just would like to get some input. right now i am feeding them about half a frozzen brine shrimp cube(all the Bangaai Cardinal will eat) and a piece of green marine algae every other day. i was giving them one whole cube but it seemed like a lot was makin it to the sand. i also have a Green Brittle Starfish and Red Serpent Star and 2 Pincushion Urchins along with snails and crabs. i got this setup used and im just looking to get it running in better shape. so should i feed more, less?

if there is still some food left over after a few minutes then you need to cut down on the amount. I would also feed a more varied diet if you can as brine shrimp is not very good nutritionally. IMO flakes are the way forward as they provide a balanced diet and cause much less pollution in the tank. If your fish won't take them continue with the cubes but get different types.

brine shrimp IMO is on par with feeding your fish cardboard. try switching to mysis shrimp instead.

It's a bit expensive, but I'm a huge fan of Rod's Reef, it's a ridiculously varied diet, really amazing stuff.

As far as amount of food, try feeding just a tiny amount of food 2-3 times a day. Aim for something like 20-30 seconds worth of feeding time. Just my .02

hi mate feeding routine is twice a day. every moring i feed nori seaweed and cubes in the evening when you feed mate defrost the cube 1st and feed it over the space of a few mins. that way half wont end up in the sand and risk pollution manythanks and hope this helps

When I do feed my fish,which isnt that often,they get a mix of frozen mysis,blood worms,emerald entree,and something else,but I cant remember what its called.

Back