What Type of Blenny

OmegaOmega

Reefing newb
Can anyone help with this guy? He's in love with my diatoms and can scrape it off the rocks - I can even see the scrape marks from where he's eaten.

Questions:
1) What type of Blenny is he?
2) Can I get more of him in the same tank or are they territorial?
3) What is the primary/ideal diet?

4637334446_af4e237ff7_b.jpg

That's an algae blenny. The eat strictly algae so if your tank runs out of algae then you'll have to suppliment his feeding with algae sheets or live algae daily. They can be territorial towards other algae blennies or something with a similar shape. Mine will attack my little green clown goby so who knows. If it's in your 90g then you should have enough room for 2 of them.

That's an algae blenny. The eat strictly algae so if your tank runs out of algae then you'll have to suppliment his feeding with algae sheets or live algae daily. They can be territorial towards other algae blennies or something with a similar shape. Mine will attack my little green clown goby so who knows. If it's in your 90g then you should have enough room for 2 of them.

Thanks! That makes sense about why he's so charismatic toward the diatoms then! I'll have to get another...

That is a sailfin/algae blenny and feed on algae like Hiker mention.I would not try two in a tank.They territorial against other blennies and anything similar like gobies.

He seems really friendly to the other fish but he's KILLING the diatoms, he scratched the rock completely clean! I'm so impressed.

Back