Whats wrong with my purple firefish?

Dturner

Reefer Madness
The other day I noticed a weird spot on my firefish that looks like a piece of skin missing or scale... I'm thinking something took a bite out of him. He's still acting the same as always, eating really well, so I don't think and hope it's not a disease.

Best pic I could snap with my iphone:

I would say it's either a scrape or a bite. Hard to say, and there really isn't anything you can do about it. As long as the fish is eating, it will heal. If it is a disease, however, it may spread.

Thanks for the input. I think it is probably just a scrape from it darting into its hiding place in the rocks all the time. It seems just as healthy as it always was so I am not going to worry.

Our foxface's sides have black scrapes on them this morning. No cuts or anything, just scrapes like he swam into a too tight crevice or something, he has pretty white skin and I just wanted to know if it would heal so he can be pretty again lol Glad I found an answer without having to post. Thanks Bifferwine!

My purple dottyback had a white spot on her side like that the other day. I think it was just a scrape. It went away.

+1 Bifferwine.

Back