When the heck did this happen?

maybe I am uneducated about seahorses, but they do little for me. I am not a big fan of aquatic life that doesn't move much. Probably the same reason I don't like SPS corals as much as LPS. Hopefully I can get a better understanding with this new forum addition.

maybe I am uneducated about seahorses, but they do little for me. I am not a big fan of aquatic life that doesn't move much. Probably the same reason I don't like SPS corals as much as LPS. Hopefully I can get a better understanding with this new forum addition.
The value of this thread is becoming more and more apparent all the time!

I hope you can get an understanding too! The reason I love seahorses is that they are so personable. Fish just swim around. My ponies light up when they see me. They hang out near me when I sit near the tank and they are total clowns! They hang upside down while fishing, they grab onto each other's snouts, they hold tails... there is always something fun to watch. They do like to spend their time crawling around the rocks and macro "fishing" but when they are doing it it's just so comical. Fish are fun, and pretty but to me they are just decorations. The horses are unique in their personalities and that's why I think they are fun. They aren't for everyone because you've really got to dedicate your whole tank to them and that takes a commitment to one type of creature and most people want diversity. Keep reading. As we get more pony keepers, you'll hear all about it and maybe we'll convert you.

Catherine

I think they are great Catherine. Some day I hope to have the room to have a few species tanks, one of course being ponies. I do have to say though, triggers have a TON of personality too :)

Triggers are the best fish ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOWN WITH PONIES!!!!!!!! MY TRIGGER EATS YOUR PONIES FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem. Cough cough.

I totally agree here. Same thing EXACTLY. I've seen seahorses in the wild even and didn't find them that amazing. They are beautiful..but I'd much rather have a mantis shrimp or something entertaining in that respect. It's personal preference and I can certainly respect the dedication it requires to keep them.

Oh..And Biff..You've got some issues...we still love you and all..but..yeah...

I had to go look up Triggers. Cool fish. I want one !!!!!! Will it get along with a Clarki, Coral Beauty, Powder Tang and Sailfin Tang and a Rabbitfish ?

Catherine, I always wanted ponies. I remember when I was a kid, they use to sell them in the back of magazines. Parents wouldn't let me get them. I think they are just awesome. My grandson is 4, he knows most of the fish and some corals in my tank.. He is just amazed at my tank. When he gets older, I want to set him up a pony tank. He would love it. They are amazing little creatures ....

I had to go look up Triggers. Cool fish. I want one !!!!!! Will it get along with a Clarki, Coral Beauty, Powder Tang and Sailfin Tang and a Rabbitfish ?

Catherine, I always wanted ponies. I remember when I was a kid, they use to sell them in the back of magazines. Parents wouldn't let me get them. I think they are just awesome. My grandson is 4, he knows most of the fish and some corals in my tank.. He is just amazed at my tank. When he gets older, I want to set him up a pony tank. He would love it. They are amazing little creatures ....
A trigger would probably be a bad idea in your tank as it's a bit on the small side for how big they get. Also, most of them will eat inverts and may nip at clam mantles and or LPS corals, so do your research if you decide you want to go that route. Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME fish and if you get the right one they can be great. Depending on which type you get, it should get along fine with your current tank mates. Just do your research and know that it will outgrow your tank.

Back