When using ro/di ..

You shouldnt have to. RO water has had 99% of the stuff removed from it. So you dont need to use conditioners to nutralize nitrates or phosphates.

Brian

No! It will screw with your skimmer!

long story... but i once had a person pour a bottle of concentrated lysol and draino into my tank.... i had a seaclone HOB, and right below it a powerstrip....

the skimmer was skimming so furiously that it had started dripping onto the powerstrip, and shorted it out.... when i flipped it back on the power strip burst into flames. lol

off topic... sorry.

No kidding!! Who did you piss off so bad that they would poison your tank?

Haha.... I lived in a fraternity, and we had a drinking competition.... well i got back from the bars and hanging out with some friends, it was 5 am and as soon as I opened my door it smelled like a public swimming pool.

all my fish were dead as doornails.... everything was bright white. my skimmer was filled with chemicals... it was ridiculous.

a couple guys in the house wanted to mess with my fish tank... so they poured vodka in, but not much happened. so they went and got drano and lysol and poured it in. needless to say everything died nearly instantly. between them they bought me a new setup.

if you ever want white substrate and NO algae.... drano and lysol does the trick ;)

holy crap man, i'da promptly kicked thier asses (right after they paid for everything)

oh well, at least you got your stuff paid for, they coulda never admitted to it.

Back