Where can i get this?

Teixeira29

Live Rock Fish only
Where can i buy online pre-mixed saltwater? I think it would be alot easier to use this instead of mixing it myself! Thank You everyone!:sfish:

I used to think it was a major pain mixing up the water...now it takes me a few minutes. I'd encourage you to keep trying mixing it, it'll really save you lots of money.
Buy some 5 gallon buckets and mark them with a marker, so you always fill it up to the same amount, and then get a REFRACTOMETER. It'll let you get very accurate readings on your salinity.

Now that you're always adding the same amount of water and have a very accurate readings, you can quickly learn the precise amount of salt you need to add for a given salinity and it makes it much less of a guessing game.

Unless you can find it locally, it's not worth it to order it online. Even Petco sells pre-made saltwater, but it's something like $24 for 4 gallons. At my LFS, it's 75 cents a gallon, which isn't bad if you have a small tank. But still much more expensive than just making it yourself.

I just did the calculations and it would cost me about $110 non including shipping. You guys are right it wouldnt be worth it! Maybe i will get an RO unit because the tap water isnt that great where i live!

Back