Where did all my tiny brittle starfish go?

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Jenn74, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Jenn74

Jenn74

For the last few months I had seen all these tiny legs sticking out of my live rock(which at 1st I had no idea what they were till I talked to the fish store). One night a couple weeks ago we lost power for a few hours. When I looked in the tank with a flashlight well WOW they were all out and all over the LR. Just over the last week or so I havent seen any. Did something happen to them? We did have to move the rock just a little bit cuz the new trigger fish we bought wedged himself in a hole, did this do something to them?

Jenn74, Jul 9, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Jenn74

salt_for_brains Alabama Reefer VIP Member

As long as your parameters haven't changed drastically I am sure they are still there. The trigger fish may have shown them how to hide:D

salt_for_brains, Jul 10, 2014
    claireputput likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Jenn74

ReeferRob

The triggerfish wedging himself in a hole is his way of sleeping. They have a locking mechanism in that dorsal spine that locks them into place so that nurse sharks can't suck them out of the hole.

ReeferRob, Aug 3, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question