where do i go from here

godeeporgohome123

Reefing newb
Okay so this is were im at in this on going battle with saltwater filtration!!
When i started out i had 2 marine land 350s with the bio wheels, anyways as of now i have returned both of them and bought a 20 gal. long for my sump..I plan to use plexie glass and aquarium caulking as the dividers and baffle.

The water will come into the first chamber(skimmer) then it will move to the next chamber(live rock) via slots in the top of the divider which will then go under the baffle and into the last chamber(return pump) and back into the tank.. im going to have the hole drilled about a inch1/2 or so on the back of the aquarium..

I want the sump to look something like this... THE POINT OF THIS POST IS FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS TO CHECK MY PLANS BEFORE I PUT THEM INTO ACTION YOU GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME IM DOING IT ALL WRONG..
untitled-33.jpg

and after all of this is set up...what els do i need as far as filtration?
and what should i do for the return water? just another hole? or what?

thanks to all of you in advanced...

That is how my sump looks on my 75g. My tank was drilled in bottom, one hole for overflow drain into LR and mangrove chamber, through slots and baffle into chamber where skimmer, phosban reactor and return pump are, then up return line to tank. I overfeed and have occasional nitrate problems, that's why I have mangroves and some chaeto in a container of LS and mineral mud in first chamber of my sump.

okay well thats great news... with that im not even gunna need to drill.. should there be or is there some set spacing for the baffles? or dose it just always work?lol

Back