where to buy?

jesse

Not That Kind Of Reefer
does anyone know where to buy coral that is good and cheap. i keep finding good prices but the shipping is expensive.

Unfortunately, that is the trade off of buying online. Most places ship overnight which is expensive. You will need to save up and make a big order to get around the shipping. That is why I buy local. I can't do a huge order, so shipping makes it prohibitive.

The best way to save on shipping is to buy with a friend and split the shipping cost. Online prices are very low, but the shipping will kill you unless you are buying several hundreds of dollars worth of coral. Many sites have free shipping if you buy a certain amount.

i have been looking around and many ppl say good things about mr coral....anyone have any personal experience or comments about it, that would be appreciated. i was thinking of buying around 13 $10 frags and get free shipping and maybe a couple of free ones as well.

I have had good and bad luck with them.. they ship without letting the coral frags set to the frag. I have had several pop off after placing in the tank, but I have also had several grow quickly. Just make sure and dip the corals also if buying from them.. I would buy from them again . :D

Just throwing it out there.

I have ordered from pacific east and have been very happy. No issues at all.

They are runnning a sale now.
Maryland Corals for Sale | Saltwater Fish | Inverts | Reef | Clams

Just got this email last night, its a copy and paste from my email ( gives sales codes )

Terrific 10's!
How do you improve on our 'Lucky 7' deal? How about with 'Terrific 10's'! For a limited time, pick any 10 frags from our Under $15 Frag page and get 2 additional frags from that page absolutely free! That's 12 frags for the price of 10! Lowest priced frags overall will be free.

30% off Aussie!
All regularly priced corals on the Australian Corals Page are 30% off with discount code 'Clear30'.

30% off Coral Colonies
That's right, regularly priced Coral Colonies are also on 30% off!

30% off WYSIWYG Frags!
And let's not forget the WYSIWYG Frag Page! 30% off with discount code 'Clear30' as well!

I believe I paid the Flat rate shipping cost of $36.99 when I ordered

I have a store in Santa Clarita called "Valencia Pet". They have tons of frags, small, med & large Coral.

+1 Sir Alex

Last edited:
I see you are in the Los Angeles area. Have you been to Vivid Aquarium? They are located in Woodland Hills, on Victory and Varial. They have a website too (vividaquarium.com)

By far the best coral selection I have seen in the LA area. Not sure about their prices though.

Check out VIVID Aquariums in Canoga Park. Might be a bit of a drive depending on where exactly in L.A you are, but they have a great selection and knowledgeable staff.

Prices are a bit on the high side but when you see the quality of the livestock, you will understand.

Vivid Aquariums | Tropical Fish Store in Los Angeles for Reef Aquariums

I just purchased some Zoa's and chromis from them this past weekend. By far, my favorite not so local LFS.

Also, in Carson there is a spot called Strickly Fish. I like them as well, but IMHO, not as nice as Vivid.

Good Luck.

John

damn thank you everyone i will try to check these places out. ive tried to find these places but i never seem to find them. everyone tells me they are close by but i never see them

thank you i think i will check it out. whats the average price range. because i am going about an hour away then i wanna know if its worth it to spend a lot

They have frags that start $10-15 all the way up to how deep your pockets are. Sometimes they have sells when frags are building up for like $7. This past weekend the had 20% off for saying hi on there Facebook.

Back