Where to Find Black Egg Crate?

Kind of in the same vein, does anyone know a reef safe paint that could be used to make white egg crate or other objects in a tank black?

There's no such thing as inexpensive black egg crate :D If your looking for a 2x4 pc.you need to order a minimum of 15 pieces at 14.50 a piece plus freight. Just get white and buy some RUST-OLEUM PLASTIC paint. Mist the first coat on very lightly for a base primer and second coat for a finish.I did it a while back and have no problems with chipping or peeling

Question: If you use egg crate as a tank cover, doesn't salt accumulate on your tank lights?

Right now I'm using glass tops, but my aquarium is getting too hot with the glass tops so I want to switch to egg crate. My lights sit only 3" above the aquarium, though. They have a splash lens, but I'm still worried about salt accumulating on them if I switch to egg crate. Suggestions? How do you all work out egg crate and light set-ups?

You just have to clean your splash guard frequently. That's something that everyone has to deal with. I wipe off the splash guard of my lights about once a week.

Back