Which Calcium Reactor...

Eric Noa

Reefing newb
Okay so I've decided to go with a Calcium Reactor as oppose to dosing pumps. I've done some research and I know both have their pros and cons but I want to give the reactor a chance and see what happens. Since Im not really familiar with these and the different brands I wanted to see if you guys could help me choose one. There are 3 different ones that Im looking at so I will list them below along with price and everything included with each.

GEO 618 Reactor w/Ehiem 1048 Pump
Reef Fanatic Co2 Deluxe Regulator
Reef Fanatic pH Controller
Reef Fanatic 10lb Co2 Tank
The only thing I would need to replace is a few hoses, a maxi jet 1200 feed pump and new ph probe. This is used and for $430

Reef Octopus Calcium Reactor CR-5000
2x Co2 Tanks
Regulator (unknown brand)
This is used for $325

Korallin 1502 Calcium Reactor w/Eheim 1048
AquariumPlants.com Electronic CO2 Regulator
5 lb CO2 tank
American Marine Pinpoint ph monitor and probe
Toms Aquatics Aqua Lifter
CarribSea ARM Coarse Media, Two 1 gallon containers plus a full reactor's worth
Extra CO2 proof tubing
Extra reactor pad
Two reactor lids, one with ph probe port and one without.
John Guest needle wheel effluent output valve, this is clutch!
1/2 full NeoMag Magnesium media
ph calibration solution 1/2 full ph 7.0 and 10.0
This is also used and selling for $450

Im leaning towards the Geo or Korallin, both have better accessories and are almost complete.

I just bought a LifeReef reactor.
I've been so happy with their protein skimmer, i figure the ca rx has to be good.
Just set it up today, tomorrow my solenoid/regulator will be here, and then I'll be in business.

I've been so happy with their protein skimmer, i figure the ca rx has to be good.
Just set it up today, tomorrow my solenoid/regulator will be here, and then I'll be in business.

Yea I've seen your build thread and saw you just got it last week I think. If I could afford a brand new one right now I would probably go with one of those but I can't lol so it'll have to be one of the three above. From those 3 which would you recommend.

Never tried there reactors.I swear John's skimmers are too awesome for words.Simple design with a self cleaning venturi.I ran one for 5 years never having the venturi hiccup or clog.

I think you mean Jeff. ;)
But that's awesome. I've had my skimmer for about 7-8 months so far and love it.
It replaced a Vertex Alpha 250!

Here's the calcium reactor if you are interested. I just set it up last night.
LifeReef Calcium Reactor

Back