White spots on coral beauty

mechanic27

Reefing newb
I have a coral beauty in my quarantine tank right now that has white spots. They are not ich because we treated for ich. They white spots are much larger then ich. After doing some research i was thinking it is lymphocystis. Does any one have any ideas or treatments i can try. My wife bought the coral beauty from a local pet store with this one large white spot on the tail. The guy at the store told her it was some kind of parasite but not ich. After putting the coral beauty in my quarantine tank it did get ich. I then treated the tank with kick ich to treat for ich. Half way through the treatment the ich was gone. But know there is this one big spot on the tail and a few more starting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Even though you treated with Kick Ich, it can still be ich. Kick Ich does not kill ich. In some cases, it helps the fish recover from it, but it does not eradicate ich. Kinda like taking Sudafed for a cold. Sudafed does not kill the cold virus; you still have a cold even though you feel better.

The only two methods that actually kill ich are hyposalinity and copper. And the ich's life cycle is up to 8 weeks long, so whichever method you use, the fish must be treated for 8 weeks for the ich to be gone.

If you are using Kich Ich and think it's actually getting rid of the ich, don't fool yourself. It will come back.

They are raised just like the ones on the tank in the pic on this link.

Coral Beauty Has White Spots - Tropical Fish Forums
moz-screenshot.png

Back