Who?

wolfie357

Reefing newb
I have a 55 gal. reef tank and I know this is too small for a tang. What are some other fish that will do ok in this size tank?

I personally believe a tang from the family Ctenochaetus(bristletooth,kole) will be okay in a 55g but only one.

Clowns,dartfish,some wrasses,cardinals,blennies,gobies,pseudochromis and many,many more fishes are suitable for your size tank.The possibilities are too large to list all of them.It looks like you have a reef system so make sure whatever you do choose that they are reef safe.

yellow stripe chromis are pretty good looking
the regular ones are kinda bland though

If you're talking about Vanderbilt Chromis, I'd stay away from them. Vanderbuilt Chromis

I have a 180g tank, 3 Tangs 6" long, 2 Clowns, Bluethroat Trigger, and 3 blue chromis.

I dropped one of those, little bastard vanderbilt Chromis in my tank, he TERRORIZED my tank for 8 hrs overnight until I could pull his ass out of there and return him. I had no idea, that he would be an ass...

Here's my terrorizing post.
https://www.livingreefs.com/vanderbilt-chromis-t27551.html

not the vander's
they are like yellow stripe or line or something like that they are light grey-blueish with a single yellow line down each side

Last edited:
It's an orange line Chromis. I don't know anything about them. It says peaceful, but I'd ask around, because my vanderbilt said peaceful too.

thats it i think. i was working at the LFS today and we got some in they are as peace full as cardinals, well most cardinals. i have seen one attack other cardinals, even eating on there corpses

thats it i think. i was working at the LFS today and we got some in they are as peace full as cardinals, well most cardinals. i have seen one attack other cardinals, even eating on there corpses

Yeah, but the difference is Cardinals don't swim. They float.:mrgreen:

you should have seen that funny looking floater tear a piece of a cardinal it had kiled off and eat it it was horrifying

Back