Whoops! sand

Neno reefs

Reefing newb
I forgot to rinse the sand before i put it in!!:frustrat::frustrat:

Is there any need to worry or will it be fine? (Its a new tank and i realy dont want to have to empty it!)

I didn't rinse it either and I freaked out when i put in a new tank but the water was crystal clear after 5-6 days....hope this gives you some confidence....

by the way i had a mixture of both live and regular sand...

Use some sort of filter, my man.

Had the same problem a few days ago. Fact is, without any sort of filtration, the silt in the sand has nowhere to go. It can only settle so much onto the sand, glass and equipment, and then you're still stuck with a very hazy aquarium with a ton of parts that are just covered in the stuff.

It's probably best to act as soon as so it doesn't really settle onto your equipment because it doesn't look too nice and becomes hell to clean. Any sort of filter and then just stuff it with filter floss and that'll make it as clear as crystal within an hour.

Here was my results. https://www.livingreefs.com/complete-newbie-needs-way-start-t45507p9.html

Well the filter idea s out of the queston, because its only 5 inches full of water. So i geuss i will just wait and see if it clears up

Back