wich bulbs would be ok

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
so its probable about time for me to change my bulbs in my fixture the bulbs are 18 inches 18 watts, what bulbs would be good ? i was thinking about getting some higher kelvin rating other than 10ks... would 14k or maybe 20ks be good?

if i decide to go with maybe 20ks do i still need actinics?

so its probable about time for me to change my bulbs in my fixture the bulbs are 18 inches 18 watts, what bulbs would be good ? i was thinking about getting some higher kelvin rating other than 10ks... would 14k or maybe 20ks be good?

if i decide to go with maybe 20ks do i still need actinics?

Not really, you could get away with just 20K bulbs since they are bluer. If you notice, most LFS run only a 20K bulb over their corals. You will experience better coloration, but slower growth however.

I assume these are T5's? How many bulbs are in the fixture? A mix of Daylight bulbs and either the 20k's or actinic's would probably be best, but its really more of a personal preference

4 bulb fixture is what i have

maybe 2 10Ks for growth and 2 20Ks for color?
with 20ks no need for actinics then?

Its really all personal preference, you really don't ever need actinic bulbs, its really more for looks. Its the blue / actinic color that make the corals 'pop' or phosphorescent. In a four bulb fixture I think I'd do two daylight bulbs, a Fiji Purple, and a blue bulb.

You could always call ReefGeek and talk to them, they'll recommend bulbs based on what you're looking for

Back