Winy's 180 reef tank

My God, that's incredible, Winy. How do maintain it all. Wow! Thanks for sharing.

This tank is set up with plumbing done through the walls and valves. So on water change days (300 gallons at a time) I flip a valve and drain out, turn another valve (thats hooked up to a 300 gallon storage container) and fill er up! You need to make a system that so big easy to maintain, this one is easier then my 180.

thanks for the kind words

This tank is set up with plumbing done through the walls and valves. So on water change days (300 gallons at a time) I flip a valve and drain out, turn another valve (thats hooked up to a 300 gallon storage container) and fill er up! You need to make a system that so big easy to maintain, this one is easier then my 180.

thanks for the kind words
and you can also make your employees do it for you

Wow Winy! That is pretty close to what I would like for a tank someday. Is that a "Koi" Yellow tang I see in there? Looks like a regular yellow tang but with big white patches? If you ever come across another and would be willing to ship it let me know ASAP please!

Wow Winy! That is pretty close to what I would like for a tank someday. Is that a "Koi" Yellow tang I see in there? Looks like a regular yellow tang but with big white patches? If you ever come across another and would be willing to ship it let me know ASAP please!

That is exactly what she is. my princess the Koi tang :) Of course "IF" I came across one again I will let you know. I have a friend in hawaii that I can have keep an eye out for another.

Here a couple better pictures of her.

Attachments

• store reef 073.jpg
    store reef 073.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 265
  • store reef 084.jpg
    store reef 084.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 260
they look big. how big are they

Peacock mantis will get about 6" Usually not in captivity. My sunny is about 4" right now. I had one before her "Mr. Nice Guy" here's a video of him. but I had him for 5-6 years and he was close to 6" when he died :(

some violence don't watch if you have a week stomache ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQuTraEx16Y]YouTube - Mr Nice Guy the mantis shrimp[/ame]

A freaking mazing! Having a huge tank is great I am sure but one that is so easy to maintain is even better. Great job. And the mantis video was cool also.

Here some pics of some of my corals. Look close in the duncans my silly black perc.

Attachments

• cedar city comp 205.JPG
    cedar city comp 205.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 273
  • cedar city comp 204.JPG
    cedar city comp 204.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 269
  • cedar city comp 199.JPG
    cedar city comp 199.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 307
  • cedar city comp 193.JPG
    cedar city comp 193.JPG