worms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WaVe RiDeR

Reefing newb
so i was doing some moving around of rocks and had to break one in half to get it to fit and so i broke it in half and there where many canals and coming out of them where two worms i freaked out and started to try and remove them from there homes and got two out and broke one into pieces so i could take a picture shown below. need a id and if they are a coral eating worm i am safe due to it being a brand new tank and no corals yet but a damsel but what do i do from here?
2012-01-11_20-47-09_267.jpg

Nothing to worry about. Unless you touch them without gloves. They are some of the hardest working reef janitors. If those came out of that little rock....I bet there is 100's more in the tank. If thats the case, you're probably overfeeding and they are helping to keep your params in check. Sometimes I can be a slow learner and after getting bristles stuck in me and stung by a couple different anemones...I learned that non powdered latex gloves are worth their weight in gold!

Nothing to worry about. Unless you touch them without gloves. They are some of the hardest working reef janitors. If those came out of that little rock....I bet there is 100's more in the tank. If thats the case, you're probably overfeeding and they are helping to keep your params in check. Sometimes I can be a slow learner and after getting bristles stuck in me and stung by a couple different anemones...I learned that non powdered latex gloves are worth their weight in gold!

i did touch them with out gloves on but i feel no stinging in my fingers i think no bristles broke off in my fingers.

The tips of your fingers are pretty tough. Get some bristles between your fingers or on the back of your hand and you'll be buying gloves...lol

Back