wow temp swingssss

lilduud

Reefing newb
my temp is at 82.4?! i took the lid off and its dropping slowly but since i put the huge skimmer on its been running really hot... could it be the skimmer? its also ridiculously loud but its seems to be slowly quieting.. i did by the dam thing used hah so hopefully its not just a busted pump...
btw its a cpr backpack with an 800 rio instead of the 600.... any suggestions?
OOOHH and i put the heater in it but its set to like 74 because it was warm last night.. i thought it might be a little off or hay wire but i havent seen the light on on the heater so i dont think its heating....

whats the temp in the house?

Just asking, becasue if it is 80 degrees in the house, 82 degree water is very easy to get to.

Also, pumps do add heat to the water, Have you tried disconecting the skimmer, just unplug it, and see if the temps go down?

What do you mean ridiculously hot? How many degrees did the temp go up? Can you describe the sequence of events a little more?

normal temp was 78.0 before with swings up to 79.0 and i added the skimmer on and within the day it was up to 80.2 and now today two days later its spiking to 82.9 with the lid off. the temp of the house has been stable... i live in southern california haha its like 68 degrees out and the door to outsides open so its not too hot inside.

check for a heater that is malfunctioning. I'd unplug the heaters one at a time and monitor temp for a while. if it goes back down, that was the heater.

the pump for the skimmer might run a little hot, but I would be surprised if it increased the water temp that fast. does the pump feel hot?

i have one heater and its not running cause the waters too hot. its the aqueon with the orange bulb that comes on when its heating. i think its the skimmer ill unplug it but it just started quieting down :(

Back