www.Reefcleaners.org

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Just wanted to report another great experience with John at ReefCleaners!
Had to replenish my snails in my 6g Fluval Edge and John came through for me as usual. :Cheers:
Awesome prices and terrific service.

Has any1 ever ordered pods from there?

I just got a shipment in today as well. I am very pleased with the snails!

But the main reason I made the order was to replenish pod populations in my tank. Mainly copepods.

all I got from them is a small bag of what looks like is just a bit of detris from a sump... I have tried dearly to see any forms of life in there... I HAVE seen amphipods, isopods, and yes even copepods numerous times with my own eyes. I know what to look for. But I fail to see anything but detris in the bag =(

Not too fond of paying $10 for a small bag of detris water -_-

Here is a citation straight from their product description:
This product is for a mix of copepods, amphipods, herbivorous isopods, mysid and other small refugium suitable shrimp, (like the Common Shore Shrimp), and other zooplankton from our system

I actually have not ordered pods before.
But I'm sure john will take care of you if you talk to him about it.

John really does know how to hook people up. I swear though, he doesn't know how to count! lol Chaeto i received from him looked great, and i think i received 60 more snails than i ordered which was awesome. On top of all of that, i actually received a hitchhiker hermit crab, that was shell-less in my dwarf ceriths. Luckily i found the poor little guy a shell, and John helped me I.D. the little dude.

A+++++++

Nice!
John is awesome.
And I believe he sends the extras because for one it's probably hard to know what's actually alive when he packs them and two, he doesn't have to worry about deaths that occur in transit. So ya, you typically end up with more critters than you ordered!

Nice!
John is awesome.
And I believe he sends the extras because for one it's probably hard to know what's actually alive when he packs them and two, he doesn't have to worry about deaths that occur in transit. So ya, you typically end up with more critters than you ordered!

Yeah, i think he add more for the "just in case" possibility, but i think he does it for the shock value a little too! haha.

John really does know how to hook people up. I swear though, he doesn't know how to count! lol Chaeto i received from him looked great, and i think i received 60 more snails than i ordered which was awesome. On top of all of that, i actually received a hitchhiker hermit crab, that was shell-less in my dwarf ceriths. Luckily i found the poor little guy a shell, and John helped me I.D. the little dude.

A+++++++

That is exactly what happened to me too with my recent order of their "Quick Crew". There were supposed to be just about 50 Dwarf Cerith snails in the package and I received over 200.
And yeah there was also a naked hermit crab in the bunch. I also ordered a batch of empty shells for my hermits so the new guy found new pants real fast.

I emailed them about the excess snails and let them know I do not mind paying for them if they tell me how much they were.
John said not to worry about it and their guys usually pack extra snails with the orders.

John answered my custom cleaning crew quote on Sunday!!! :O But I haven't place the order yet since I got problem with the fathersday discount code, it only gives 10% off instead 15% (the webpage said 15% off)

got an order today from them. Having read on this thread that he packs a lot more, I ordered a package for a 25 gallon tank, whereas I had a 50 gallon. There were supposed to be about 24 dwarf ceriths, got about 90! Haha, no complaints!

Also got dome dry rock from him, which looks amazing!
tank5.jpg

I ordered from there and they sent two orders insted of one by accident but I had horrable die off.. about 60% of my snails were DOA

I ordered from there and they sent two orders insted of one by accident but I had horrable die off.. about 60% of my snails were DOA

If you didnt get what was ordered, I'd suggest talking to John. He is absolutely a stand up guy. I made the mistake of ordering from one of his competitors once - never again

lol, yeah well... probably dead then.

Make sure you contact john if you haven't and let him know.
He's a good guy and will make it right.

Maybe wait a couple more days, and if they haven't moved, take them out. By the way did you ever tell John about them not moving? A couple of mine didn't move even after 2 weeks so I emailed him about it and he promptly replied back and gave me a refund. I call that great customer service!

Back