Xenia - adaptation process or dying?

Homer

Reefing newb
5 days ago,bought xenia, small frag... it was attached to small piece of marble.. Did all the acclimitation and that stuff.. First it was doing great, but now, it has shrinked and not moving. So my question is : could it be addaptation process or dying process? If it`s dying , I will remove it from my tank, because don`t want it tot release any toxins.

I don`t think that something is wrong with the tank : Amnipods are great, featherdusters are great, leather corals great... except xenia... I read some articles that it needs nitrates to thrive and things like that...

Pictures, taken with phone, so not the best quality :)

Xenia is close to the light and in good stream...

20121225_223301_zps5c5923ee.jpg

20121225_223255_zps32d1d1c9.jpg

I'd say their dying. If you cant notice the individual heads and it looks like a ball of slime then they're pretty much done. How long did they live/look healthy for?

It looks tipped over or you have very strong current. It you cut it off the rock it was attached to, it will be difficult to get it to "seed" next time try cutting down the rock that it is attached to,to shorten the amount of time it will take to grow on to your live rock. Last chance work, try glue, not promising success though. They usually ball up when dying or fall apart. Good luck!

Back