Xenia being hosted

snyderju

Reefing newb
So we have a True Percula Clownfish that has recently started becoming rather fond of our Xenia coral. It is to the point where he almost hosts it. He will hover above it and sometimes go inside it. The Coral seems to be staying open while he does it. I tried moving it and it keeps happening. Is this okay if the coral is not bothered?

Also while I have you guys, We have a big rock of Zoas. For the most part they are all opening. Some more than others. There are a few polyps that are not open at all. I don't know if they were damaged in transport. Is it okay if some open and some don't It is a pretty densely covered rock hard to tell but I don't see any nudis and I dipped it the other day. It has been in the tank for almost 4 days now. The ones that open look fine it is just that some won't open. Our crabs were bothering it so we took them out.

Xenia is tough -- it will probably be fine with the clowns. With more sensitive corals, the clowns can bother them enough to keep them closed or damage them.

Back