Yeah!! Zero Nitrates!

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I filled my tank in mid-January 2008 and for the first time the nitrates are at zero! My phosphates are also at zero! I recently put a big chunk of chaeto in there. I hope it lasts.

Lesson: there is no one magic bullet to get rid of nitrates and phosphates.

That cheeto is good suff. Within a week of having mine it cut my nitrates in half and no phosphates. I recommend this stuff to everyone. good job on the zeros im close but not there yet

That cheeto is good suff. Within a week of having mine it cut my nitrates in half and no phosphates.

I agree....I recently posted that I haven't changed the water in my 45 gallon in like, a month...my nitrates climbed to 10ppm, but once I got better light for my chaeto, it's almost 0--with no water change! Hooray for no water changes LOL :bounce:

Just a reminder, if you're not doing water changes, you should be testing for and adding stuff like Essential Elements, since those are usually replenished during water changes.

Just a reminder, if you're not doing water changes, you should be testing for and adding stuff like Essential Elements, since those are usually replenished during water changes.

Which essential elements? The calc and the alk? My tank is a FOWLR, so would I really need to test for those?

Of course, I'll eventually do maybe a 5-10% change just to get some new water in. But it's good to know that I don't have to rush to it :)

your right biff i always check my levels at least once a week to monitor whats going on and always add trace elements. but i agree if your not using new salt their isn't any iodine or anything else being replenished from using a skimmer and gemeral comsumption by corals and inverts.

Back