Yellow gunk/Film

seanslice

Save Taiji Dolphins!
So this morning, I turn on my tank to see what's going on. I noticed some pretty bright yellow spots on some LR and this piece of coral. And they were definitely not there yesterday (or even last night). I also noticed a clear film like goo on that piece of coral (hard to see in the pic). This tank is in a "recover" stage because I just bought it from an older man who didn't really take good care of it. Should I be worried?

web.jpg

web-1.jpg

Also, those little wormy things. How can I get rid of those? LFS recommended pep shrimp. Any other advice?

Thanks!!

The yellow things look like sponge, which are beneficial filter feeders. The worm things are good filter feeders, you don't need to get rid of them. Peppermint shrimp won't eat them anyways. Those worms are a sign that the live rock is mature.

That coral isn't alive, it's just dead corals skeleton, so there's no need to worry about it.

The yellow things look like sponge, which are beneficial filter feeders. The worm things are good filter feeders, you don't need to get rid of them. Peppermint shrimp won't eat them anyways. Those worms are a sign that the live rock is mature.

That coral isn't alive, it's just dead corals skeleton, so there's no need to worry about it.

The reason I was worried was that the worm grew on one of my new snails I got 2 days ago. lol

Thanks! :D

Feather dusters are beneficial to have in your tank... Those things you circled are just a sheath where a feather duster lived. There's not actually a worm living in it anymore.

Back