yellow tail damsel missing

sramkumar

Reefing newb
I have three yellow tail damsels and one of them seems missing for the last 2 days. I am not sure if its dead. I have 45 pounds of live rock in my 29G biocube and I am not sure if I should disturb of all them to find this guy. So if he is dead, would my cuc take care of it? I hope he is somewhere out there...i hate to see animals die...please help...

If he is still in the tank, you CUC should take care of it for you. But, did you check the surrounding floor for a jumper?

the lid was never left open and I also checked the back champers of the biocube...it looks like the newer versions of the biocube have some kind of a protection and fish dont jump in there anymore...wont it eventually float on the surface?

probably not... regardless if he didnt go carpet surfing and you dont want to disturb the rock letting your CuC take care of it is the only option... id check water parameters to make sure you dont get a spike, and in case you do be ready for water changes until they can finish cleaning him up.

Damsels are like those cute little white dogs people carry around, they look so sweet but inside they are shifty little devils just waiting to get you.

I wouldn't worry about it either. CUC would take care of it. I had 9 green chromis and I'm down to three in the past two weeks.:death: Only one was removed because it was too obvious in the front against the glass. :sfish::twocents:

Back