Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennedy98

Reefing newb
today i just got a new fish i got a sailfin tang and it is so cool does anyone else have these fish?? if so can utell me how they act i know how they do but i like to hear peoples stories so please reply

They are great fish -- one of the prettier types of tangs, I think. But you may have problems with it in a 55 gallon tank. They grow very big. If you bought a small one (I hope you did), it will be okay for a while, but you will need to plan to find it a new home when it outgrows your tank, or get a larger tank if you want to keep it. You should really research the requirements of the animals BEFORE you buy them.

Last edited:
Feed the guy plenty of vegetable matter, they tend to graze on algae in your tank too. They can get to dinner plate sizes in the wild so be aware. Hope your tank is fully cycled, they are sensitive to water quality and can be shy at times. Mine did not survive my last tank move.

yes i did research i have someone who is willing to take it when its bigger and she has a 200 gallon tank and if she backs out the place wear i got it will take it back thanks for ur help by the way how big do they get

Hornet sometimes you just have to spell it out.

QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 125 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025
Max. Size: 1' 4"
Color Form: Black, Blue, White, Yellow
Diet: Herbivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Maldives, Red Sea, Sri Lanka
Family: Acanthuridae

I have one in my 210 gallon tank he is probably about 6" long but he is growing fast, the lil pigglte likes to eat. he does require alot of swimming room, lots of greens and algie

I had a sailfin in my 240. I named him Lunch, because my other two tangs would beat the crap out of him. The eventually beat him to death. And he became someone's lunch.

Back